Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
Summer Visiting Animal Program
The Burlington Science Center is looking for homes for some of its animals over Summer vacation.
--Gerbils (easy-low care)
--Box turtles (eats salad and live insects)
--Gecko (eats live insects-shedding issues to be concerned with)
--African Clawed Frogs (eats hand fed worms)
--Tarantula (eats live crickets)
--Salamanders (must be hand fed crickets with hand or
--Possibly cockatiels (messy; high care; needs to be a
teflon/non-stick cookware, scented candles, sensitive chemical
Still waiting back to hear from people so there is a wait list for these animals:
Guinea Pig (large cage and lots of supplies-high care animal; one is elderly)
corn snake (eats mice-needs to be kept in freezer)
--The Science Center will provide cage, STARTER food,
shavings, and care sheet for each animal.
--Call Ms. Pavlicek (781)-270-2928 or e-mail
email@example.com asap if interested.
--Animals are distributed on a first come, first serve
basis.--All animals must be picked up by making an
appointment with Ms. Pavlicek. Thank you.
Monday, May 8, 2017
REMINDER: May 11th
Grade 4 Field Trip
We will leave Fox Hill at 9:15 and return at approximately 1:30. Students will need a bag lunch with disposable drink and a snack. Please put your lunch/drink/snack in a plastic disposable bag, and write your name on the bag with a Sharpie (or marker).
Per Land’s Sake,
- Participants should wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing that can get a little dirty.
- For safety reasons, all participants must wear closed-toe sneakers.
- To protect against sun exposure and insect bites, we recommend long pants tucked into socks and long sleeves.
Friday, April 28, 2017
During the second lesson of our "Pollinators: Plant Structure and Function" Unit, we carefully observed and dissected tulips. Next week we'll be discussing the structure and function of all the different internal and external parts of the flower.
Monday, April 3, 2017
MCAS Testing Strategies
- Have a healthy dinner tonight
- Go to bed early
- Get a good night’s sleep (have happy dreams)
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Wear comfortable clothing to school
- Bring a healthy snack (or two) with you to school
- Bring a positive attitude with you to school
Rock the MCAS Test!!!!!